1.03.2012

New Life in Full Swing




Apparently I started a blog when I was fifteen years old. I had no recollection of such a blog, however when I went to create this one, the "About Me" and other info was already filled out. I was brought back to the awkwardness of early high school and the fun care free times of a teenager.

The "randomly generated question" I had been given was:
Your hand has been replaced by a rubber stamp. What does it say?
To which I responded:
"oohoo look, chicken wings!"

I cannot recall, nor can I imagine what could have possibly been rattling around in my fifteen year old brain that would possess me to reply with such an answer. Thankfully I've come a long was in the past half dozen years. What still gets me is I don't even like chicken wings...nor have I ever.

Today I find myself in a merging, or perhaps a crossroads of my person-who I was in the past, who I want to be in the future, which leads me to who I am today.

On one hand I am very much that fifteen year old girl that loved adventure, spontaneity, and had a particular hankering for creativity and whimsy. On the other hand I recently got married, packed up all my worldly possessions, and moved to a new place with new faces. My life is in a grand transition. Life can change so fast. Just one month ago I lived in the same house I'd lived in for years, I woke up each morning to french press coffee with my parents and spent my days between two jobs, school, coffee, and socializing. I went to bed each night surrounded by relics of my childhood and early adolescence. Then in one day, December 16th 2011, my life shifted in an extraordinary fashion. I got to marry Sean O'Brien. I closed one very big chapter of my life and opened a new one, only this one has two main characters.

I now have a new name (which I am incredibly fond of), live in a brand new town (in a darling 1930s studio apartment), am currently taking hiatus from the working world (the first time ever since I was fifteen), am only taking one class online, and I get to fall asleep and wake up next to the love of my life.

Indeed new life is in full swing with the best adventure having just commenced: life being married... and to an incredible, comedic and courageous man at that. Getting to traverse through the everyday with my kindred spirit, my love--my husband, is the most marvelous experience. Cheers to this new chapter in life, here we go!


*These pictures were taken on our honeymoon. We stayed up on this cabin in the woods on Mount Hood-the setting was that of a fairy tale, mysterious, romanic, and venturesome.

3 comments:

  1. Um Merri I love that you're blogging...well I guess you started back up :) I love you dear this post made me so happy I couldn't help but smile

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad to see you're blogging, Merri. I've just subscribed and am looking forward to reading whatever you choose to share with us.
    Where are you living?

    ReplyDelete
  3. So happy for you and celebrating with you! Swing high girl :o)

    ReplyDelete